BY STEPHANIE VALENTE
Ahh, the weekend is upon us. As you look forward to a few days of uninterrupted you-time, here is a ritual to brighten your magical time. Add it in for some self care, a new weekly Saturday tradition, or a way to amp up some self-empowered magic.
This ritual involves music, witches, and I hope you enjoy it.
Weekend Ritual: Grounding & Visualizing with Vinyl Records
Note: You don't have to use actual records – if you love to stream tunes, jam out to cassette tapes, or play music on your phone, the choice is yours.
1. Set aside some vinyl records (or your best Spotify playlists) the night before.
2. Brew some ah-mazing coffee, tea, or whip up your favorite morning drink. Mimosas? Seltzer? Hot water with lemon? Do you, honey.
3. Wear your most powerful, sexy, and comfortable lounging outfit. For me, that means a lacy bralette, shiny high-waisted Champion leggings, and a Playboy silky pajama shirt. I feel powerful and sexy in it. And, ready for magic.
4. Sip your drink.
5. Move at your own pace and take in the space around you. Is it a rainy morning? Sunny? Snowy and cozy? Hot and humid? Notice what is happening. Notice your breath.
6. Visualize your intentions or dreams or whatever you damn well want.
7. Ground yourself with music.
Stephanie Valente lives in Brooklyn, NY. She has published Hotel Ghost (Bottlecap Press, 2015) and waiting for the end of the world (Bottlecap Press, 2017) and has work included in Susan, TL;DR, and Cosmonauts Avenue. Sometimes, she feels human. http://stephanievalente.com