A note on mental health
It is important that we make something clear: all of our rituals, spells, and practices dedicated to self-care or therapy are just that—not to be substituted for compassionate, thorough professional help. We think of our spells, rituals and practices as tools of augmenting one's mental health arsenal.
That said, if you need mental health care and are looking for resources, here are some:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call 1-800-273-8255
- National Suicide Prevention Chat: Click here.
- The Lifeline (Twitter)
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center, state by state
- ACT Coach—helping you become more mindful of negative thoughts (app)
- Depression CBT Self Help Guide—helps you manage your depression (app)
- eCBT Calm—helping you with cognitive behavioral therapy (app)
- Better Help — therapists available online
- TalkSpace—online help for the LGBT community
- More free tools for mental health